Annual Membership of Capital ISAC (CISAC)
The Executive Board of the Capital Industrial Security Awareness Council (CISAC) is very pleased to announce that our membership has reached 500 NISP participants. As the organization continues to grow, the Executive Board has identified changes that are needed to ensure our members are provided with in-depth and up to date security education and training, conferences and seminar sessions. NISP participants in the Capital Region will be assessed an annual membership fee of $35.00. Membership dues are effective from January 1st to December 31st of each calendar year.
Membership in the CISAC provides immeasurable benefits for facilities that participate in the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) while also enhancing the protection of classified information. There is nothing inexpensive about protecting national security. As adversaries gain in sophistication, so does the costs associated with managing an effective security program.
The CISAC provides a venue for NISP participants to share experiences and products in the furtherance of enhancing their own security programs, thereby having the potential to reduce some of the costs associated with security administration. These forums also enable participants to collaborate on issues of mutual concern and work together to develop creative solutions.
The CISAC extends invitations to guest speakers who address current and relevant issues to the cleared industry. These topics range from basic level briefings by the Defense Security Service (DSS) Industrial Security Representatives, to high level briefings by representatives from all security and counterintelligence communities and agencies. While there are many security-related groups that provide this kind of collaborative training, only councils like the CISAC are focused wholly on issues relevant to the cleared industry. DSS has made a commitment to participate in the CISAC and other local ISACs. DSS is devoted to assisting the cleared industry with building these networks of security professionals.
Benefits of Being a Member
- Members will receive a CISAC Certificate of Membership
- When Members join CISAC, they are also eligible to become a mentor or have a mentor. Participating in this rewarding program or joining a CISAC committee may be regarded as an enhancement during the member’s security vulnerability assessment
- Members’ company is eligible to receive a 10% discount if they sponsor any of CISAC events
- Levels of sponsorship:
- Bronze - $250
- Silver - $500
- Gold - $1000
- Levels of sponsorship:
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be a security professional with a possessing or non-possessing facility
- Must work in the Washington, DC metropolitan area
- Membership must be in good standings; annual membership dues are $35.00